Monday 21 December 2009

Out of the Silent Planet - CS Lewis (Post 2)

I am struggling to find time to read at the moment. I am enjoying this book still, although I find it more demanding to read than more contemporary fiction (so although I may have found it escapist when I first read it, I find it less so now). Ransom has wrestled with the possibility of three dominant inteliigent species on a planet who seem to co-exist and co-operate most wonderfully. He realises that maybe human beings have got some things that they could learn. He is now on the way to 'Oyarsa' some God-like figure who is not God. Every planet has an 'Oyarsa', but not Earth and maybe this is why Earth-dwellers are more 'bent' than those who live on Malacandra.
Hopefully his meeting with Oyarsa will reveal what Lewis is thinking about the nature of good and evil on Earth.

No comments: